Thyroid for Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you thedetailed information you're looking for on new methods fordetecting thyroid disease in both adults and children, alternativetreatments, pros and cons of powerful new drugs now on the market, advice for managing the disease through changes in exercise anddiet, and much more. You're discover:
- What the thyroid does
- How to identify a sick thyroid and recognize who's atrisk
- Ways to find the right thyroid doctor
- How to cope with hypothyroidism in children
- The hereditary connection to thyroid disease
- How thyroid disease affects the elderly
- The effects of hyperthyroidism during pregnancy
- How to decide if surgery is necessary
- Ten myths about thyroid health
Updated to address advances made since the first edition, including the latest thinking on understanding thyroid disease'sconnection to depression and mania, Thyroid for Dummies,2nd Edition will tell you everything you need toknow about how the thyroid functions, what makes it malfunction, and what to do when a problem occurs.
This item is Non-Returnable.