- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Tiny Seed (Hardcover)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers$18.99The Tiny Seed (Library Binding)
Publisher: Turtleback Books$13.55The Tiny Seed (Library Binding)
Publisher: Turtleback Books$18.40The Tiny Seed (Hardcover)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers$18.99
Customers Also Bought
- A House for Hermit Crab
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, Wha...
- The Grouchy Ladybug
- From Head to Toe
- Does a Kangaroo Have a Moth...
- Do You Want to Be My Friend...
- The Very Lonely Firefly
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Wha...
- Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What ...
Bill Martin, Jr.
- The Greedy Python
- The Foolish Tortoise
- Rooster's Off to See the World
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The Eric Carle Mini Library
- Panda Bear, Panda Bear, Wha...
- The Very Busy Spider's Favo...
- Papa, Please Get the Moon f...
- From Seed to Plant
- The Runaway Bunny
Margaret Wise Brown
More About The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle; Richard EyreOverviewEric Carle well-known creator of many beloved picture books for small readers and listeners, including such classics as "Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me, The Tiny Seed, Rooster's Off to See the World, A House for Hermit Crab, " and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." He is especially celebrated for his unique ability to combine learning with pleasure. Children delight in the distinctive beauty of his illustrations -- richly layered collages in glowing colors -- and they love his entertaining stories, which invite them to make their own discoveries in a natural, joyful way.
Born in Syracuse, New York, Eric Carle received much of his education in Germany. He is a graduate of the Akademie der bildenden Kunste in Stuttgart, where he learned about Goethe's color theory and complementary colors. But the chief inspiration for "Hello, Red Fox" came from his talks with young readers themselves, who were surprised and fascinated when he demonstrated for them -- just like in this book -- that all colors have opposites.
Eric Carle has two grown children. He and his wife live in western Massachusetts.