Typically today's management tasks include project management, running workshops and working with consultancies - all complex activities, which require a multitude of skills and competencies. This book gives you a reference or cookbook-style access to the most important skills in a user-friendly format.
Nicolai Andler presents in his book about 100 of such tools arranged according to task complexes. To make personal use of the tools as easy as possible, they are grouped into task-specific categories entitled Define Situation, Gather Information, Creativity, Goal Setting, Organisational Analysis, Technical Analysis, Strategic Analysis, Decision Making, Project Management, Checklists and Questions as well as Scenarios.
Elements of information this books covers:
- Relevant and appropriate for your needs
- Up to date and as timely as possible
- Comprehensive and sufficiently wide in scope, combined with a practical level of detail without being too academic
- Reliable information from numerous tested sources and real implemented cases
- Accessible and easy-to-use due to many different search options and self-help guides
This book is a unique reference work and guide for those wanting to learn about or who are active in the fields of consulting, project management and problem solving in general. It presents cookbook-style access to most important skills, including a rating of each tool in terms of applicability, ease of use and effectiveness.