Millions of Americans have to train others as part of their jobs. Whether you're an employee training your co-workers on a new process or skill, a volunteer asked to train new volunteers, a chef training your staff, or a paramedic giving CPR training, it's just as important to know how to teach others as it is to know what you're talking about.Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
Millions of Americans have to train others as part of their jobs. Whether you're an employee training your co-workers on a new process or skill, a volunteer asked to train new volunteers, a chef training your staff, or a paramedic giving CPR training, it's just as important to know how to teach others as it is to know what you're talking about. It doesn't matter how much you know about your subject if you can't share it with others.
Fortunately, Training For Dummies offers all the nuts and bolts of training for anyone who has to educate others on any subject and in any field. It covers all the modern, interactive instructional methods and dynamic training approaches available and helps you get trainees inspired, involved, and enthused. Training For Dummies will help you:
- Keep it interesting so trainees learn more eagerly
- Master the jargon of training
- Use audio and visual aids effectively
- Prepare for the training certification process
- Evaluate your results and improve your tactics
Elaine Biech, President and Managing Principal of Ebb Associates, Inc., and known as "the trainer's trainer" shows you all the tips and tricks of the trade. Based on her long experience as a trainer and her work for clients such as the IRS and many Fortune 500 companies, Biech helps you discover:
- Tips, techniques, and tidbits for enhancing your training sessions
- Methods that improve trainee participation
- Alternatives to the traditional lecture method
- Tactics for gauging and managing group dynamics
- Strategies for addressing problems in the classroom
- Hints for understanding and adapting to different learning styles
- Helpful resources and other extra material you can put to immediate use
No matter what you do for a living, there will probably come a time when you have to teach others what you know. Training For Dummies cuts through the complicated jargon to present the basics of teaching and learning in straightforward, plain English so you can share your specialized knowledge with those who need it.
This item is Non-Returnable.