U.S. Citizenship For Dummies will help you get through this often confusing process, from determining how best to qualify to live permanently in the United States to gaining a green card and then citizenship. This reference guide is for anyone who
- Is interested in living permanently in the U.S.
- Is a friend or relative of someone who wishes to live permanently in the U.S.
- Wants to become a naturalized citizen
- Has no legal background or any familiarity with U.S. immigration
This book helps you discover the important requirements you need to meet and offers tips and insights into dealing with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS). You also get to know other government agencies that you'll work with while attempting to immigrate to the U.S. or become a citizen. U.S. Citizenship For Dummies covers the following topics and more:
- Clear information on the immigration process
- Up-to-date information on various application forms
- The rights of legal aliens
- Recent changes in immigration laws
- Review of English and Civics tests
- Pointers on the interview process
- Survey of U.S. history, government, and culture
- Coverage on visas and green cards
- Troubleshooting immigration problems
Becoming a U.S. citizen carries important duties and responsibilities as well as rights, rewards, and privileges. Before you make the decision to pursue U.S. citizenship, you need to be aware of what you stand to lose and what you stand to gain; you also need to be sure you're ready to fulfill all the obligations of a good citizen. U.S. Citizenship For Dummies will help you understand all that it means to become a citizen of the United States of America.
This item is Non-Returnable.