"UltraMarathon Man: 50 Marathons - 50 States - 50 Days," a Journeyfilm documentary, follows Dean's incredible step-by-step journey across the country.Read more...
"UltraMarathon Man: 50 Marathons - 50 States - 50 Days," a Journeyfilm documentary, follows Dean's incredible step-by-step journey across the country.
Ultrarunning legend Dean Karnazes has run 262 miles-the equivalent of ten marathons-without rest. He has run over mountains, across Death Valley, and to the South Pole-and is probably the first person to eat an entire pizza while running. With an insight, candor, and humor rarely seen in sports memoirs (and written without the aid of a ghostwriter or cowriter), Ultramarathon Man has inspired tens of thousands of people-nonrunners and runners alike-to push themselves beyond their comfort zones and be reminded of "what it feels like to be truly alive," says Sam Fussell, author of Muscle.Ultramarathon Man answers the questions Karnazes is continually asked: - Why do you do it?
- How do you do it?
- Are you insane? And in the new paperback edition, Karnazes answers the two questions he was most asked on his book tour: - What, exactly, do you eat?
- How do you train to stay in such good shape?
- ISBN-13: 9781585424801
- ISBN-10: 1585424803
- Publisher: Tarcherperigee
- Publish Date: February 2006
- Page Count: 295
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP
- Dimensions: 7.84 x 5.86 x 0.81 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.55 pounds