With a √ how-to√ approach, the author meticulously describes the clinical evaluation of the peripheral nerves throughout the body using high-frequency ultrasound.Read more...
With a √ how-to√ approach, the author meticulously describes the clinical evaluation of the peripheral nerves throughout the body using high-frequency ultrasound. Evaluations include both normal and pathologic findings, as well as discussions of relevant non-neurologic tissue. The book opens with an introduction to ultrasound physics, instrumentation, and image optimization. The remainder of the text is a highly visual tour through the multiple nerves of the shoulder, neck, and upper and lower limbs, focusing on sonographic technique and correct interpretation of findings. Clinical cases that integrate anatomic localization with clinical and electrodiagnostic assessment are incorporated throughout. Also includes a bound-in DVD with live motion video loops of the examinations to correspond with stills in the book to demonstrate the important dynamic information ultrasound provides.
Ultrasound Evaluation of Focal Neuropathies features:
- Comprehensive yet practical text and atlas with detailed discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of clinical and electrodiagnostic assessments
- Thorough guide to ultrasound techniques and appearance of normal and abnormal peripheral nerves
- Clinical cases that pair the imaging information with clinical and electrodiagnostic findings are interwoven throughout with analysis of anatomy relevant to the peripheral nerves being studied
- Hundreds of high-quality images and line drawings to correlate anatomy and reflect probe placement
- Companion DVD with motion loops is provided to facilitate understanding of the dynamic image
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781936287673
- ISBN-10: 1936287676
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing
- Publish Date: July 2013
- Page Count: 457
- Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.6 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds