Now in its fifth, expanded edition, Using Sources Effectively, Fifth Edition targets the two most prominent problems in current research-paper writing: the increase in unintentional plagiarism and the ineffective use of research source material.Read more...
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceUsing Sources Effectively (Hardcover - Revised Ed.)
Now in its fifth, expanded edition, Using Sources Effectively, Fifth Edition targets the two most prominent problems in current research-paper writing: the increase in unintentional plagiarism and the ineffective use of research source material. Designed as a supplementary textbook for both undergraduate and graduate courses, this book will help every student who uses research in writing. Included in this edition are coverage of research strategies and source selection (Chapter 2), a chapter on quoting sources effectively (Chapter 4), and a chapter on sentence patterns (Chapter 10). APA and MLA citation styles have been updated throughout the text.
To the student:
This book was written to give you the knowledge and tools you can use to make your research-based writing more powerful and effective. Here are some examples:
- Mini-Research Projects at the end of each chapter to sharpen your research and evaluation skills
- A set of practical, useful rhetorical devices to help improve the clarity and impact of your writing
- Increased emphasis on synthesis writing--weaving source use into your own thinking--to give your writing more interest and persuasive power
- Instruction in close reading to help you better grasp what an author is discussing or arguing
- Strategies for organizing and positioning your sources to strengthen your central argument.
This item is Non-Returnable.