Sections are organized by animal host species, including dogs; cats; cattle, sheep and goats; llamas; horses; pigs; birds; ratites (ostriches, emus, and cassowaries); and laboratory animals, as well as wildlife, reptiles, marine mammals, and humans. There is a section in which common artifacts found in fecal samples are presented, and the last section includes conversion tables and a list of abbreviations.
Features of the Fifth edition include:
* updated and enhanced references
* information on new drugs
* improved section on parasites of marine mammals
* sections on parasites of laboratory animals and humans
* over 500 photographs and figures
Readers will find this to be an easily accessible and accurate resource for information about parasites in a variety of animals - wild, domestic, common and exotic.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780813824192
- ISBN-10: 0813824192
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publish Date: October 2001
- Page Count: 256
- Dimensions: 11.29 x 8.27 x 0.61 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds