What makes a person commit a white-collar crime? Who is a likely candidate to join a cult? Why do children have imaginary friends? How does birth order affect whether or not a person gets married?Read more...
FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
- Make a Scene
Jordan E. Rosenfeld
- Family Guide Washington, DC
- The Synonym Finder
J. I. Rodale
- The Emotion Thesaurus
Mass Market Paperback
- The 3 A.M. Epiphany
- 20 Master Plots
Ronald B. Tobias
- More About Writer's Guide to Character Traits by Ph.D. Linda N. EdelsteinOverviewFrom Sex to Schizophrenia: Everything You Need to Develop Your Characters
What makes a person commit a white-collar crime? Who is a likely candidate to join a cult? Why do children have imaginary friends? How does birth order affect whether or not a person gets married? When does mind over matter become a crippling problem?
"Writer's Guide to Character Traits, 2nd edition" answers all of these questions and many others. With more than 400 easy-to-reference lists of traits blended from a variety of behaviors and influences, you'll gain the knowledge you need to create distinctive characters whose personalities correspond to their thoughts and actions - no matter how normal or psychotic they might be. In this updated and expanded edition, you'll also find:
- Comprehensive instruction on how to use this book
- New statistical information to help you create true-to-life characters
- Corresponding exercises that show you how to put the material to work in your stories
- A quick-reference index to make cross-referencing a snap
- Idea sparkers to get your thoughts out of your head and onto the page
In "Writer's Guide to Character Traits, 2nd edition," note psychologist and author Dr. Linda Edelstein takes you beyond generic personality types and into the depths of the human psyche where you're sure to find the resources you need to make your characters stand out from the crowd.
- ISBN-13: 9781582973906
- ISBN-10: 1582973903
- Publisher: Writer's Digest Books
- Publish Date: August 2006
- Page Count: 378
Series: Writer's Guide to Character Traits