The Writing Teacher's Activity-a-Day offers teachers, homeschoolers, and parents 180 ready-to-use, reproducibleactivities that enhance writing skills in secondary students.Read more...
The Writing Teacher's Activity-a-Day offers teachers, homeschoolers, and parents 180 ready-to-use, reproducibleactivities that enhance writing skills in secondary students. Basedon Ledbetter's extensive experience consulting to language artsteachers and school districts across the country, theclassroom-tested activities included in this book teach studentskey literary and writing terms like allegory, elaboration, irony, personification, propaganda, voice, and more--and provide them withengaging examples that serve as models for their own QuickWrites.
- Contains writing prompts and sample passages instudent-friendly language that connects abstract literary conceptsto students' own lives
- Written by popular workshop presenter and veteran educator MaryEllen Ledbetter
- Offers a user-friendly, value-packed resource for teachingwriting skills
Designed for English language arts teachers in grades 6-12, tutors, parents, learning specialists, homeschoolers, andconsultants.
- ISBN-13: 9780470461327
- ISBN-10: 0470461322
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: January 2010
- Page Count: 193
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
Series: 5-Minute Fundamentals