In this six-session small group Bible study, They Like Jesus But Not the Church , Dan Kimball explores and addresses the most common objections and misconceptions about Christianity.
Ask someone today if he or she likes Jesus, and the answer is usually yes.Read more...
In this six-session small group Bible study, They Like Jesus But Not the Church, Dan Kimball explores and addresses the most common objections and misconceptions about Christianity.
Ask someone today if he or she likes Jesus, and the answer is usually yes. But ask if that person likes the church, and chances are you will get a far less favorable response.
Led by author Dan Kimball, this six-session small group Bible study will help you explore and respond truthfully, caringly, and engagingly to the most common objections and misunderstandings culture has about the church and Christianity. Through interviews with those who like Jesus but not the church and teaching by Dan Kimball, this small group Bible study will teach you how to respond to the common objections of the faith. Includes discussion questions and resource listings.
This Participant Guide is designed for use together with the They Like Jesus But Not the Church DVD (sold separately) and includes discussion questions for individuals and groups. When used together, they provide you with a practical tool than can strengthen your faith.
1. The Danger of the Christian Bubble
2. Is the Church Negative, Judgmental, and Political?
3. Does the Church Restrict and Oppress Women?
4. Is the Church Homophobic?
5. Do Christians Arrogantly Think All Other Religions Are Wrong?
6. Are Christians Fundamentalists Who Take The Whole Bible Literally?
- ISBN-13: 9780310277941
- ISBN-10: 0310277949
- Publisher: Zondervan Publishing Company
- Publish Date: March 2008
- Page Count: 139
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP
- Dimensions: 8.92 x 6.02 x 0.38 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.44 pounds