FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Circle Maker (Large Print Paperback)
Publisher: Gale Cengage$17.99
Customers Also Bought
- The Circle Maker Participan...
- In a Pit with a Lion on a S...
- More About The Circle Maker by Mark BattersonOverviewAccording to Pastor Mark Batterson in his book, The Circle Maker, Drawing prayer circles around our dreams isn t just a mechanism whereby we accomplish great things for God. It s a mechanism whereby God accomplishes great things in us. Do you ever sense that there s far more to prayer, and to God s vision for your life, than what you re experiencing? It s time you learned from the legend of Honi the Circle Maker---a man bold enough to draw a circle in the sand and not budge from inside it until God answered his prayers for his people. What impossibly big dream is God calling you to draw a prayer circle around? Sharing inspiring stories from his own experiences as a circle maker, Mark Batterson will help you uncover your heart s deepest desires and God-given dreams and unleash them through the kind of audacious prayer that God delights to answer."
Publishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2011-12-12
- Reviewer: Staff
In his latest book, Washington, D.C., area pastor-author Batterson (In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day) says his method of talking to God “has the power to revolutionize the way you pray”—and he just might be right. Yet this method isn’t packaged with hipster edge or a 10-step strategy. Batterson uses timeless knowledge and tales that predate Jesus to urge the reader to simply drop to his knees. Beginning with the Jewish legend of Honi, who drew a circle around himself and prayed for rain, Batterson examines the answered prayers of several “circle makers.” The circle metaphor is applied loosely throughout the book (e.g., walking in prayer circles, praying in a group, praying repeatedly for a concern), making it accessible in multiple situations. At times Batterson’s excitement manifests as cutesy bumper sticker–like phrases, and he spends much of the book recounting his own church’s miraculous growth. But readers will fall for his intensity and encouragement to pray “tenaciously.” The unearthed technique will have readers drawing prayer circles around everything from buildings and news to their own hopes and dreams. Agent: Esther Fedorkevich. (Jan.)