This five-session small group Bible study, Promised Land, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume one of the 12-part Faith series. In it, Vander Laan explores how God guided his people to the Promised Land to impact the world in ancient times and today.Read more...
20% off for Members: Get the Club Price
This five-session small group Bible study, Promised Land, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume one of the 12-part Faith series. In it, Vander Laan explores how God guided his people to the Promised Land to impact the world in ancient times and today.
This pack includes one softcover Discovery Guide and one DVD.
In Promised Land, Vander Laan illustrates how God guided his people to a specific place the Promised Land to impact the world both in ancient times and today. Just like the time and place of our birth shapes our journey, so the land and culture of the Hebrew people shaped their story. Promised Land provides wonderful context to the stories of that time.
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
This Discovery Guide includes five sessions. Each lesson
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Include 30 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
The DVD features five corresponding sessions filmed on location in Tel Gezer, the Jordan River, Tel Jericho, Tel Beth Shemesh and Tel Azekah.
These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
1. Standing at the Crossroads Filmed in Tel Gezer
2. Wet Feet Filmed in Jordan River
3. First Fruits Filmed in Tel Jericho
4. Confronting Evil Filmed in Tel Beth Shemesh
5. Iron of Culture Filmed in Tel Azekah
This pack includes both the five-session DVD and 158-page Discovery Guide."