Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills : Including the Badlands
Overview - Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure One of America's most famous monuments rises amid breathtaking natural beauty. Experience the open skies of the Badlands and rolling prairies of the West with Moon Mount Rushmore & The Black Hills. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 24 copies from $7.00
More About Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills by Laural A. Bidwell
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure One of America's most famous monuments rises amid breathtaking natural beauty. Experience the open skies of the Badlands and rolling prairies of the West with Moon Mount Rushmore & The Black Hills.
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, tailored for adventure seekers, families, history buffs, art collectors, road-trippers, and more
- Recommendations for outdoor recreation, including hiking, climbing, fishing, backpacking, and more, plus essential packing tips and health and safety information
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring: Say hi to the carved granite faces of the presidents, then hike red rock canyons and hills covered in ponderosa pine. Spot bison, elk, and mountain goats, and see wild horses roaming the grassy flatlands. Test yourself by climbing the tallest peak east of the Rockies, or get your adrenaline going at a local rodeo. Visit galleries, museums, and historic sites to learn about Lakota history. Soak in local hot springs, pan for gold, or enjoy the solitude of the prairie and sleep under a field of stars.
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and local expert Laural A. Bidwell
- Respectfully connect with Native American culture with tips on visiting the Crazy Horse Memorial and how to attend a powwow
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, directions, and reservations to Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park, Custer State Park, Wind Cave National Park
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Rapid City, Hill City, and Keystone
- Honest advice for families, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781631212741
- ISBN-10: 1631212745
- Publisher: Moon Travel
- Publish Date: April 2016
- Page Count: 272
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 pounds
Series: Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills: Including the Badlands