Discover your unique female archetype to combat emotional eating, lose weight, and become your happiest, healthiest you.In working with thousands of women who wanted to lose weight and change the shape of their bodies, leading nutritionist and functional medicine practitioner Dana James observed a striking trend: no matter how diligent they were in sticking to their diet and exercise plans, old behavioral patterns and self-doubt sabotaged their efforts. In The Archetype Diet, James helps readers escape the seemingly endless psychological tug-of-war that is hampering their ability to care for themselves and explains which hormones cause you to store body fat on your belly, thighs and hips, and what to eat to change it. A revolutionary, holistic approach to weight loss, this book guides in readers in discovering which of four archetypes they embody: - The Nurturer is always there to care for others. She is kind and compassionate, but this can come at the expense of her own self-care.
- The Wonder Woman bases her self-worth on her accomplishments. She is ambitious and driven, but her work often takes precendent over her diet.
- The Femme Fatale is sensual, strong, and alluring but can become obsessed with her looks to the point that she develops an unhealthy relationship with food.
- The Ethereal is spiritual and intuitive, but highly sensitive to her environment so she tends to eat to numb her reactions to the world. By becoming attuned to your archetype, James shows how you can alter your diet to help feed your unique body chemistry while simultaneously examining how your sense of self-worth shapes your behaviors--including what you eat--in ways that may be working against your goals. Offering recipes, a ten-day meal plan, and a step-by-step psychological intervention, The Archetype Diet will put you on the path to becoming leaner, stronger, and more attuned to your feminine fire and energy.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780735213760
- ISBN-10: 0735213763
- Publisher: Avery Publishing Group
- Publish Date: June 2018
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 6 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.14 pounds
- Page Count: 336