Horror. Romance. Science. A classic tale that would be a fright to miss The idea for the story came to the author, Mary Shelley, in a dream she had about a scientist who had created life and was horrified by what he had made. This Gothic-style romance is among the first of true science fiction novels, if not the first. A young scientist named Victor Frankenstein, after going through his own near-death experience, decides to play God and create life in the form of a grotesque creature, which turns into a nightmare. Through his experience, he learns that the gift of life is precious, not disposable. His journey and personal transformation has deeply affected readers. This edition contains the text of the revised 1831 version of Frankenstein.
- This beautiful book comes with luxurious endpapers, a beautiful and stylish heat-burnished cover, and is a convenient 5 x 7 trim size for easy handling.
- This widely popular classic tells a tale of devastating consequences for those pursuing power and glory.
Frankenstein is a must-read for any lover of classic literature and science fiction. About the Word Cloud Classics series: Classic works of literature with a clean, modern aesthetic Perfect for both old and new literature fans, the Word Cloud Classics series from Canterbury Classics provides a chic and inexpensive introduction to timeless tales. With a higher production value, including heat burnished covers and foil stamping, these eye-catching, easy-to-hold editions are the perfect gift for students and fans of literature everywhere.
Customers Also Bought
- ISBN-13: 9781607109457
- ISBN-10: 160710945X
- Publisher: Canterbury Classics
- Publish Date: October 2013
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 5.1 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.61 pounds
- Page Count: 208