"A timely, practical resource on creating teams and organizations where everyone has the opportunity to succeed."
--Adam Grant, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Think Again and host of the podcast WorkLifeA step-by-step guide for managers, teams, and DEI leaders looking to create impactful, lasting change in their organization, from recruitment to retention, and beyond. Are you tired of hollow promises about diversity, equity, and inclusion in your organization? Do you want to take steps towards real change - beyond issuing mission statements, signing checks, and holding listening sessions - but don't know where to start? This book is your answer. Designed for teams to read together, Actions Speak Louder offers a comprehensive blueprint for leaders and teams who are ready to get out of their own way, look at their surroundings with new eyes, and turn their energy into a concrete plan. Renowned DEI consultant Deanna Singh has led diversity trainings for a wide range of organizations, from non-profits to Fortune 500 companies. Using narratives, case studies, and the latest DEI research, as well as interactive exercises, Singh will teach you how to: - Write inclusive job advertisements because "minorities just don't apply here" isn't an excuse - you're just not reaching them
- Design an interview process that reduces status quo bias and challenges hiring decisions that are simply "no brainers"
- Create a retention plan that considers and prioritizes the needs of underrepresented employees - if you haven't intentionally designed one to be inclusive, you've unintentionally reinforced one that is exclusive.
- Lead inclusive meetings - the bedrock of company culture - by practicing constructive dissent and elevating underrepresented perspectives As Singh has seen time and time again, any organization can meaningfully change - you just need the right tools.
- ISBN-13: 9780593418215
- ISBN-10: 0593418212
- Publisher: Portfolio
- Publish Date: May 2022
- Dimensions: 8.59 x 5.79 x 1.13 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
- Page Count: 304