Why does God allow adversity?
God has a plan and a purpose for each of us, and He can turn things to good regardless of the situation we face. These two key principles--rooted in Scripture and seen in the lives of Christians throughout the ages--should color the lenses through which all followers of Christ view adversity.
In Advancing Through Adversity, Dr. Charles Stanley provides a new perspective on the trials we face, revealing what questions to ask and what lessons can be learned from such times. Understanding God's role and bolstering our courage can help us advance through adversity rather than be overcome by it.
With over 1 million copies sold, the Charles F. Stanley Bible Study Series is a unique approach to Bible study, incorporating biblical truth, personal insights, emotional responses, and a call to action.
Each study draws on Dr. Stanley's many years of teaching the guiding principles found in God's Word, showing how we can apply them in practical ways to every situation we face. This edition of the series has been completely revised and updated and includes two brand-new lessons from Dr. Stanley.
Each of the twelve lessons includes:
- Overview: A brief look at what is covered in the lesson.
- Life's Questions: A teaching from Dr. Stanley that unpacks the topic of the lesson.
- Living the Principle: Application and Bible study questions based on the key points.
- Reflection: Key takeaways to put into practice today and tomorrow.
- ISBN-13: 9780310106555
- ISBN-10: 0310106559
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: September 2019
- Dimensions: 9 x 6.1 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 160