Ben Higgins, the cofounder of Generous Coffee and lead of The Bachelor's twentieth season, digs into his past and takes a hard look at the times he's felt like an outsider. With raw vulnerability, he explores how he found his purpose--by pursuing authentic connection with himself, with others, and with God.
In Alone in Plain Sight, Higgins shares his perspective as a fellow sojourner on the journey to find connection and meaning. Examining the questions he has wrestled with personally, he invites us to
- realize that the measure of how connected we are with ourselves is how connected we are with others;
- discover why connection with others is essential and how shared pain can bridge even the widest gaps between two very different people;
- deconstruct the fairy-tale view of love that culture advertises and address the lie that being single is a disease that needs to be cured; and
- understand that the God who seeks connection is the answer to the deep yearning we have to connect to something bigger than ourselves.
By sharing his own stories of how he went from feeling lonely and rejected, to finally being truly seen and fully known, Higgins reminds us that we, too, are never truly alone.
- ISBN-13: 9781400221356
- ISBN-10: 1400221358
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publish Date: February 2021
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 6 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.85 pounds
- Page Count: 240