Advocate for peace and nonviolent revolutionary Gandhi is the 12th hero in the New York Times bestselling picture book biography series for ages 5 to 8.
As a young man in India, Gandhi saw firsthand how people were treated unfairly. Refusing to accept injustice, he came up with a brilliant way to fight back through quiet, peaceful protest. He took his methods with him from South Africa back to India, where he led a nonviolent revolution that freed his country from British rule. Through his calm, steady heroism, Gandhi changed everything for India and inspired civil rights movements all over the world, proving that the smallest of us can be the most powerful.
- Photos that bring the story more fully to life
- Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
- Childhood moments that influenced the hero
- Facts that make great conversation-starters
- A character trait that made the person heroic and that readers can aspire to You'll want to collect each book in this dynamic, informative series
- ISBN-13: 9780735228702
- ISBN-10: 0735228701
- Publisher: Dial Books
- Publish Date: October 2017
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 7.7 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Page Count: 40
- Reading Level: Ages 5-7