Need help developing your Internet of Things strategy and plan? This is the book to help business people understand and build their IoT strategy.In this detailed analysis of IoT and Amazon's approach to it, John Rossman guides readers with practical insights and recommendations into the strategies and mindset transforming business and society. "John has laid out a blueprint not only for an enterprise wanting to understand how sensors embedded in their business can innovate old ways of working while also providing an excellent path for individuals wanting to start their own IoT business. The book is not only a reference tool but also paints a story around innovation and customer centricity to challenge the reader to think differently in solving problems." Eric Martinez -- Founder of Modjoul, former EVP AIG and Safeco Insurance The Amazon Way on IoT explains how the combination of sensors, cloud computing and machine learning can be used to improve customer experiences, drive operational improvements and build new business models. Rossman offers:
- Guidance through the maze of emerging technologies, customer experiences, and business models, to arrive at a recipe just right for your organization
- Key methods to success from Amazon's master playbook such as creating seamless customer experiences, process improvement and new business models and utilizing tools such as sensors, machine learning and cloud computing
- Approaches to help you tackle the technology, business and internal challenges in innovating with the internet of things.
Renowned Harvard business professor Michael Porter describes the IoT as the backbone for a third-wave of technology-led innovation and digital disruption. The Amazon Way on IoT is for business people who want to learn cases, key concepts, technologies and tools to help develop, explain and execute their own IoT approach. As a leader at Amazon who held a front-row seat during its formative years, Rossman understands the iconic company better than most. From the launch of Amazon's third-party seller program to its foray into enterprise services, he witnessed it all - the amazing successes, the little-known failures, and the experiments with outcomes still to be determined.
Rossman once again examines the heart of Amazon.com's secret to success, along with other leading companies. He incorporates an extensive focus on sophisticated IoT technologies and strategies related to Amazon's rise: tens of millions of items in stock, the company's technological prowess, and the many customer service innovations such as "one-click." "This is an excellent book. And a very important book. It evokes both business thought and technical thought, which is rare."-- Larry Hughes, former head of Amazon cyber security
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780692739006
- ISBN-10: 0692739009
- Publisher: John E. Rossman
- Publish Date: October 2016
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.36 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.52 pounds
- Page Count: 170