Now in its third edition, this bestseller has remained popular, relevant, and a must-read for new teachers, mentors, administrators, and staff development professionals. Appropriate for individual or collaborative study, this book provides simple, practical solutions to the challenges experienced by both new and veteran teachers, including:
- managing the classroom;
- handling discipline problems;
- dealing with challenging students, coworkers, and parents;
- planning lessons effectively and managing time wisely;
- accommodating individual differences in students;
- getting students excited about learning;
- and much, much more.
In this new edition, you'll find advice on incorporating technology into your lessons and using social media to connect with others. You'll also find new Ask Yourself questions (following each of the 101 Answers) and Chapter Highlights to help you apply the ideas in your own classroom. These resources are available in the book and on our website for easy download.
Though written for new teachers, the book's practical, easy-to-implement strategies will appeal to teachers of any grade level, subject area, or level of expertise, as well as to mentors, induction coordinators, or anyone seeking to find answers to classroom challenges and improve teaching skills.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781138856141
- ISBN-10: 1138856142
- Publisher: Routledge
- Publish Date: April 2015
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 6.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.85 pounds
- Page Count: 214