Profitable cold-water fish and vegetable production. Join the aquaponic farming revolution
Built around a proven 120' greenhouse system operable by one person, The Aquaponic Farmer is the game changer that distills vast experience and complete step-by-step guidance for starting and running a cold-water aquaponic farming business--raising fish and vegetables together commercially. Coverage includes:
- A primer on cold-water aquaponics
- Pros and cons of different systems
- Complete design and construction of a Deep Water Culture system
- Recommended and optional equipment and tools
- System management, standard operating procedures, and maintenance checklists
- Maximizing fish and veg production
- Strategies for successful sales and marketing of fish and plants.
As the only comprehensive commercial cold-water resource, The Aquaponic Farmer is essential for farmers contemplating the aquaponics market, aquaponic gardeners looking to go commercial, and anyone focused on high quality food production.
Aquaponic farming is the most promising innovation for a sustainable, profitable, localized food system. Until now, systems have largely focussed on warm-water fish such as tilapia. A lack of reliable information for raising fish and vegetables in the cool climates of North America and Europe has been a major stumbling block. The Aquaponic Farmer is the toolkit you need.
- ISBN-13: 9780865718586
- ISBN-10: 086571858X
- Publisher: New Society Publishers
- Publish Date: October 2017
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 8 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Page Count: 304