Transform simple pencil sketches into jaw-dropping, photorealistic masterpieces with The Art of 3D Drawing.
World-famous 3D artist Stefan Pabst shows you how to take your drawing and painting skills to the next level with techniques for creating lifelike three-dimensional art. Begin with an overview of tools and materials, color theory and color mixing, and drawing and painting techniques. Then follow along with 12 stunning, step-by-step demonstrations that teach fundamental principles of 3D art, such as perspective, shading, rendering textures, and building dimension.
Also find tips on adding color with oil paints to add even greater dimension and realism to your artwork and complete your three-dimensional masterpieces. An inspiration gallery at the back offers even more ideas for creating 3D art.
Whatever your skill level, you will learn something new as you draw and paint a range of subjects in realistic detail. The projects are:
- A cube that appears to pop up from the paper
- A floating sphere
- A hole that seems to dip below the surface of the paper
- A group of LEGO(R) blocks
- An airplane "flying" over the paper
- Planet Earth
- A glass of water
- A ladybug that looks like it might crawl off the page
- A shiny classic car
- The Mayan ruin of Chichen Itza
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa
- A child "jumping" off the page
With The Art of 3D Drawing, friends and family won't believe their eyes as they admire your amazing photorealistic artwork.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781633221710
- ISBN-10: 1633221717
- Publisher: Walter Foster Publishing
- Publish Date: November 2016
- Dimensions: 11.6 x 8.7 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Page Count: 128