Jon Scieszka, the groundbreaking storyteller and master of wit, brings us a smart and hilarious adventure. AstroNuts doesn't just break new ground-it breaks outer space Brilliant. -- Dav Pilkey, bestselling author of the Dog Man and Captain Underpants seriesA laugh-out-loud tale packed with science, adventure, and a whole lot of fun: AstroWolf, LaserShark, SmartHawk, and StinkBug are animals that have been hybridized to find other planets for humans to live on once we've ruined Earth. So off they rocket to the Plant Planet Will that planet support human life? Or do Plant Planet's inhabitants have a more sinister plan? AstroNuts Mission One is a can't-put-it-down page-turner for reluctant readers and fans ready to blast past Wimpy Kid. - This is an outer space adventure that allows young readers to learn about our planet and environment while laughing and having fun
- Features full-color illustrations throughout as well as a spectacular gatefold
- How-to-draw pages are included in the back to help further engage readers and inspire creativity Jon Scieszka is a bestselling author best known for his picture books The True Story of the Three Little Pigs and The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales. He is also the founder of guysread.com, a champion force behind guyslisten.com, and was the first National Ambassador of Young People's Literature.
Steven Weinberg writes and illustrates kids' books about dinosaurs, roller coasters, beards, and chainsaws. The end of humankind is upon us, and who do we send to save us? ? Certainly not a human Wickedly funny, a story about climate change that doesn't come off as preachy. Kids will love this, and adults would be better off reading it too. --LeUyen Pham, illustrator of the Princess in Black series A giant leap for bookmaking and a giant leap for any kid looking for their next go-to series.
- Great family and classroom read-aloud book
- Books for kids ages 9-12
- Elementary school chapter books
- ISBN-13: 9781452171197
- ISBN-10: 145217119X
- Publisher: Chronicle Books
- Publish Date: September 2019
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 6.1 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Page Count: 220
- Reading Level: Ages 9-12