Unlock the secret to loving and lasting relationships This book is for anyone who desires closeness, especially in the most intimate relationships: marriage, parenting, close friends, and ultimately with God.
The answer to why people feel and act the way they do lies in the profound effect of a child's bonding process with his or her parents. How successfully we form and maintain relationships throughout life is related to those early issues of "attachment."
Author Dr. Tim Clinton is recognized as a world leader in mental health and relationship issues--and he knows intimately what it is like to feel unloved. The child of a mentally ill mother who locked him in a closet and a father who was frequently gone, Clinton struggled with attachments for many years before discovering the secret to loving and being loved.
Citing four primary bonding styles, you will learn:
- Why we love, feel, and act the way we do
- How to conquer depression, anxiety, anger, and grief
- How to be a sensitive, secure parent to your children
- How God's love is enough to penetrate the brokenness and remove negative emotions from your life
If you have come out of a painful, damaging, or traumatic past, reading this book will teach you how to experience the love and closeness you long to feel.
- ISBN-13: 9780785297376
- ISBN-10: 0785297375
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publish Date: February 2009
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.1 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
- Page Count: 316