Bring balance to your body with nourishing Ayurvedic cooking for beginners The ancient science of Ayurveda is a powerful system of holistic wellness, and its philosophy of balance is more relevant than ever today since stress is a common cause of disease. This Ayurvedic cookbook is your introduction to practicing the restorative principles of Ayurveda in your own kitchen. It's packed with cooking techniques and recipes that can support and nurture your body's natural regenerative powers, turning your everyday meals into opportunities for nourishment and healing. Discover an overview of Ayurveda, from its history to the present day. Find out how to identify your dosha, or body type, based on its dominant elements and qualities. Delve in to more than 100 targeted Ayurvedic recipes to help you correct imbalances within yourself with food that is fresh, seasonal, and appropriate for your type--so you can rediscover your aliveness, inner power, and inherent peace.
- Ayurvedic eating, simplified--Take a quiz to find out your dosha, and follow along with a 5-step guide to Ayurvedic eating for your body's unique requirements.
- Satisfying seasonal recipes--Dig in to a wide variety of recipes for every body type and season, including modification tips to make recipes appropriate for different doshas.
- 4 Weeklong meal plans--Learn to eat along with nature's cycle with a template meal plan for each season, along with a handy shopping list.
- ISBN-13: 9781623159634
- ISBN-10: 1623159636
- Publisher: Rockridge Press
- Publish Date: February 2018
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 7.9 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Page Count: 234