This second edition (9780778804512) replaces the first edition (9780778801634)
Now with 100 additional American Sign Language (ASL) symbols plus more case studies.
The interest surrounding baby signing continues to increase as more and more parents embrace this special world of communication, which allows babies to communicate before they can talk. Sign language gives them a way to express their wants and needs, easing frustration for both baby and parent. Being able to communicate effectively with a very young child is positively thrilling.
Part 1 of the book is an introduction to signing with babies and young children, providing the basic knowledge, skills and strategies to get started. Age-specific guidelines offer advice on signing with children from birth to age 3 and up.
Part 2 is a handy dictionary of 450 ASL signs, each clearly illustrated with tips on how to form and remember the signs.
Part 3 provides favorite songs and rhymes to sign with a child.
Special features include:
- The top 5 signing tips
- A program that parents can customize according to their family's needs Answers to frequently asked questions
- Instructions on the 5 distinct components of ASL signs: body space, hand shape, movement, palm orientation, and facial expression
- Age-specific advice on how to teach sign language as a child develops.
By simply following this book, a special world of communication awaits.
- ISBN-13: 9780778804512
- ISBN-10: 0778804518
- Publisher: Robert Rose
- Publish Date: January 2013
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 7 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Page Count: 288