Batter up A complete history of baseball for kids 5 to 7
Who invented baseball? How long has it been around? Who was the Great Bambino? Baseball for Kids answers all those burning questions and more as kids (ages 5-7) weave their way through the history of America's national sport through fun facts, stories, and legends.
Your child will journey back to the beginnings of the game from the invention of the strikeout and foul ball to the integration of African-American ballplayers and the construction of iconic ballparks. They'll also learn about the sport's most famous personalities from big hitters like Lou Gehrig to heat-throwing pitchers like Bob Gibson.
Baseball for Kids includes:
- Packed with fun―Children will revel in the cool information, trivia subjects, true or false challenges, and other tantalizing tidbits about the sport.
- From past to present―Baseball for Kids covers changes to the rules as well as adaptations to uniforms, mitts, bats, and other equipment.
- Get out there ―Use the Future Stars section to inspire your child to pick up a bat and a ball and swing for the fences.
Hit a home run with your little one when you introduce them to our national pastime with Baseball for Kids.
- ISBN-13: 9781646112371
- ISBN-10: 1646112377
- Publisher: Rockridge Press
- Publish Date: April 2020
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.4 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 88
- Reading Level: Ages 5-7