MinaLima, the award-winning design studio behind the graphics for the Harry Potter film franchise and the creators of the illustrated Jungle Book and Peter Pan, reimagine the beloved French fairy tale The Beauty and the Beast in this deluxe unabridged edition illustrated with stunning full-color artwork and nine 3-D interactive features--published to coincide with the release of the blockbuster Disney live-action musical film starring Emma Watson, Ian McKellen, Josh Gad, Ewan McGregor, and Emma Thompson.
Generations of readers have been bewitched by the epic love story of a beautiful young girl imprisoned in the magical castle of a monstrous beast. Now, the classic fairy tale is brought to life in this spectacular illustrated edition as originally envisioned by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve in 1740.
The Beauty and the Beast is packed with specially commissioned, full-color artwork and nine exclusive interactive features, including:
- a fold-out map of the rich French city where the Merchant (Beauty's father) and his family reside;
- a fold out that reveals the interior of the Beast's enchanted palace;
- a series of flaps (similar to an Advent calendar) that open to reveal different entertainments; available to Beauty in the Beast's palace;
- a dial of the ring Beauty turns on her finger to return to the Beast.
This unique gift edition takes readers on a captivating journey through a mystical land filled with enchanting inhabitants. MiniLima's imaginative artwork, exquisite detail, and engaging design recreate this timeless romantic adventure as never before in a lush unabridged gift edition sure to be cherished for years to come.
Disney's live-action movie musical version of Beauty and the Beast, directed by Bill Condon (Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Dreamgirls), stars Harry Potter alumna Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, Luke Evans as Gaston, Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts, Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, Josh Gad as Le Fou, Kevin Kline as Maurice, Stanley Tucci as Cadenza, and Audra McDonald as Garderobe.
- ISBN-13: 9780062456212
- ISBN-10: 0062456210
- Publisher: Harper Design
- Publish Date: January 2017
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 6.5 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Page Count: 208