Are you tired of living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul? Do you find yourself unable to say no even when you should? Are you stuck under the weight of endless demands and responsibilities? The good news is: it doesn't have to be this way.
In The Best Yes, New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst guides you through the insightful lessons she's learned about what it means to live out the purpose that God has in store for you. Lysa demonstrates the incredible power of two words--yes and no--and the way that these simple, daily decisions can shape the story of our lives.
Lysa has learned firsthand that there's a big difference between saying yes to everyone and saying yes to God. Drawing from applicable scriptures and her own personal experiences, Lysa teaches us that if we know and believe that God has a plan for each of us, we'll live it out--serving as living proof of His never-ending grace and kindness.
Throughout The Best Yes, Lysa will give you the practical tools you need to:
- Stop people-pleasing by embracing a biblical understanding of love
- Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no
- Overcome the agony of hard choices by grounding your decisions in wisdom
- Grow closer to God as you sharpen your own discernment
- Learn to be intentional with your time, your choices, and yourself
- Incorporate the Best Yes as a filter for your daily decision making
If we take time to slow down and rise above the rush of the world's endless demands, we can rest assured that God's wisdom will help us make decisions that will still be good tomorrow. No matter what season of life you find yourself in, you deserve the chance to make decisions that bring out the best you.
- ISBN-13: 9781400205851
- ISBN-10: 1400205859
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publish Date: August 2014
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.4 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Page Count: 272