Take charge of your career and create a life full of learning, adventure, joy, and success utilizing these never-before-shared leadership principles Ann Hiatt learned working alongside the world's top tech CEOs--Google's Eric Schmidt, Amazon's Jeff Bezos, and Yahoo 's Marissa Mayer.
Whether you're stuck in your current job, starting your first job and wondering how you can use it as a steppingstone towards your dream career, or mid-career and wanting to finally be recognized for promotion or a leadership role, this book is for you.
For the first time, Ann Hiatt shares both the daily habits and long-game strategies she learned working side-by-side for decades with the giants of technology at Amazon and Google.
Through clear guidance and incredible stories, Bet on Yourself will teach you:
- How to define your abilities and speak up so that you can be recognized for the work that you do and the unique capabilities you bring to the table.
- How to create opportunities for yourself when options appear limited and build a purposeful career regardless of your seniority or industry.
- What it takes to build the confidence you need to build your dream career.
- How to exchange your frustration over not getting the recognition you deserve for an empowered, actionable plan for taking control of your professional identity and get promoted.
These tried-and-true methods to take ordinary opportunities and create something extraordinary, and the leadership principles that guide the work of these celebrity CEOs, are directly applicable to your goals.
With a few consistent, daily habits you can build a future that exceeds your wildest expectations. No matter the opportunities available to you in your particular community or career stage, there is a path for you.
- ISBN-13: 9781400220267
- ISBN-10: 1400220262
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publish Date: October 2021
- Dimensions: 9.05 x 6.31 x 0.99 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.82 pounds
- Page Count: 272