Out of the 100 million women--almost 11 million in the United States alone--who are on the pill, roughly 60 percent take it for non-contraceptive reasons like painful periods, endometriosis, PCOS, and acne. While the birth control pill is widely prescribed as a quick-fix solution to a variety of women's health conditions, taking it can also result in other more serious and dangerous health consequences. Did you know that women on the pill are more likely to be prescribed an antidepressant? That they are at significantly increased risk for autoimmune disease, heart attack, thyroid and adrenal disorders, and even breast and cervical cancer? That the pill can even cause vaginal dryness, unexplained hair loss, flagging libido, extreme fatigue, and chronic infection. As if women didn't have enough to worry about, that little pill we're taking to manage our symptoms is only making things worse.
Jolene Brighten, ND, author of the groundbreaking new book BEYOND THE PILL, specializes in treating women's hormone imbalances caused by the pill and shares her proven 30-day program designed to reverse the myriad of symptoms women experience every day--whether you choose to stay on the pill or not. The first book of its kind to target the birth control pill and the scientifically-proven symptoms associated with taking it, BEYOND THE PILL is an actionable plan for taking control, and will help readers:
- Locate the root cause of their hormonal issues, like estrogen dominance, low testosterone, and low progesterone
- Discover a pain-free, manageable period free of cramps, acne, stress, or PMS without the harmful side effects that come with the pill
- Detox the liver, support the adrenals and thyroid, heal the gut, reverse metabolic mayhem, boost fertility, and enhance mood
- Transition into a nutrition and supplement program, with more than 30 hormone-balancing recipes
Featuring simple diet and lifestyle interventions, BEYOND THE PILL is the first step to reversing the risky side effects of the pill, finally finding hormonal health, and getting your badass self back.
- ISBN-13: 9780062847058
- ISBN-10: 0062847058
- Publisher: HarperOne
- Publish Date: January 2019
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.3 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Page Count: 384