Other Available Formats
Meet extraordinary black heroes throughout history―biographies for kids ages 8 to 12
You're invited to meet ancient Egyptian rulers, brilliant scientists, legendary musicians, and civil rights activists―all in the same book Black Heroes introduces you to 51 black leaders and role models from both historical and modern times. This black history book for kids features inspirational biographies of trailblazers from the United States, Egypt, Britain, and more.
Discover where in the world they lived, and what their lives and families were like growing up. Learn about the obstacles they faced, such as escaping slavery, on the way to making groundbreaking accomplishments. You'll find out how these inspirational figures left a legacy of lasting change―and paved the way for future generations.
Black Heroes: A Black History Book for Kids features:
- FASCINATING BIOGRAPHIES: Read about famous icons like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Harriet Tubman, as well as lesser-known pioneers like aviator Bessie Coleman and astronomer Benjamin Banneker.
- COLORFUL PORTRAITS: Bring the historical heroes to life in your imagination with the help of full-color illustrations.
- WAYS TO LEARN MORE: Every biography includes an idea for a new way to explore the person and their work, like a book to read, website to visit, or video to watch.
Black Heroes goes beyond other black history biographies for kids to highlight people from around the world and across time. Who will your new hero be?
- ISBN-13: 9781641527040
- ISBN-10: 1641527048
- Publisher: Rockridge Press
- Publish Date: July 2020
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.5 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Page Count: 212
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12