If you want to do more in your life than tread water, run from problems, and just exist--let the simple, accessible tools provided in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in 3 Steps show you how living a meaningful, purposeful life is as simple as A - C - T.
I've tried self-help books, but they didn't help me feel happy... I've made progress in the past, but it didn't last... I try to get rid of the negative stuff my mind comes up with, and I'm tired of having my efforts fail... If you relate to any of these common experiences, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, also referred to as ACT, may significantly improve the quality and direction of your life.
The Mayo Clinic and National Institute of Mental Health have recognized Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as an effective mode of therapy for working through particularly stubborn or troubling emotional difficulties. Certified counselor Tanya J. Peterson applies the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with her clients who feel emotionally stuck. She has also used ACT personally to work through a personal tragedy that left her struggling with residual limitations.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in 3 Steps: A Workbook for Overcoming Self-Doubt and Embracing Life is both a complete resource for understanding ACT and a collection of exercises to help you apply the principles of ACT in your own life. This book is an accessible, every-person's guide for building your personal set of practical ACT skills and moving towards a life lived in harmony with your personal values.
- ACT 101 - This easy-to-use book begins with examples of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in practice, then pairs the main pathologies and principles into 3 steps, and finally, explores each of them in 3 step-specific chapters. The six pathologies of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy include: Fusion, Avoidance, Lost Values, Attachment to Self, Uncertain Values, and Unworkable Action.
- PRACTICE MAKES PROGESS - Guided writing exercise and visualizations can be done once, or multiple times as you move through various life challenges by applying Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- LIVE IN THE MOMENT - Mindfulness practice plays a big role in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Learn how to connect to the present moment and stay in that moment to disentangle yourself from the confusing web of thoughts and emotions, and get in touch with what's going on around you.
With this accessible guide and workbook for everyday life, you will quickly and easily learn and apply ACT, without all the theoretical assumptions and jargon. By choosing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in 3 Steps you're on the path to a mindful, high-quality life.
- ISBN-13: 9781623158200
- ISBN-10: 1623158206
- Publisher: Althea Press
- Publish Date: December 2016
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.5 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Page Count: 178