Discover how to butcher your own meat and make homemade sausage
With interest in a back-to-basics approach to food on the rise, more and more people are becoming interested in butchering their own meat and making high-quality, preservative-free sausages.
With easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations, Butchery & Sausage-Making For Dummies offers readers a look at how to butcher poultry, rabbit, beef, pork, lamb, and goats. The book will also explore sausage-making, with tips and recipes, and will look at preserving meat through curing and smoking.
- Offers natural, healthier alternatives for sausages and preserved meats for people wary of processed foods
- Provides helpful tips and guidance for home cooks and beginner butchers
- Provides needed guidance for those looking to explore this long-overlooked profession
Butchery & Sausage Making For Dummies is an invaluable resource for home cooks interested in being more responsible about their meat, or those that are looking to save money and enjoy healthier alternatives to what's found in their local grocery store.
- ISBN-13: 9781118374948
- ISBN-10: 1118374940
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: March 2013
- Dimensions: 9.29 x 7.43 x 0.84 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Page Count: 384