Identify butterflies with this easy-to-use field guide, organized by color and featuring full-color photographs and helpful information
Butterflies are fascinating, beautiful, and a joy to behold. Now observing them is even better with the Butterflies of Florida Field Guide. This handy book by acclaimed author and professional entomologist Jaret C. Daniels makes field identification simple and informative. It features 102 species of butterflies organized by color for ease of use. Detailed photographs present the species as you'll see them in nature, and a "compare" feature helps you to decide between look-alikes. Life-size silhouettes provide an instant picture, while phenograms and range maps show you when and where each butterfly is most plentiful. You'll also appreciate the Q&A section, as well as informational content about finding butterflies and planning a butterfly-friendly garden.
- 102 species: Only Florida butterflies
- Simple color guide: See a butterfly with prominent blue? Go to the blue section
- Jaret's Comments: Naturalist tidbits and facts
- Professional photos: Crisp, stunning images
Grab the Butterflies of Florida Field Guide for your next hike, walk in the park, or visit to your backyard--and learn to positively identify the butterflies that you see.
- ISBN-13: 9781591930051
- ISBN-10: 1591930057
- Publisher: Adventure Publications
- Publish Date: August 2003
- Dimensions: 7.18 x 4.44 x 0.49 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.61 pounds
- Page Count: 256