2018 Best Book Award Winner
"Compassionate. Comforting. Readers will see themselves on every page." - Paul Casale, Licensed Professional Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist
Loss is painful. Separation hurts. We need comfort.
Oblivious to our suffering, the world around us speeds on as if nothing happened. Stunned, shocked, sad, confused, and angry, we blink in disbelief. The pain can be immense.
We look for comfort. We long for it. Grieving hearts need it to survive.
Multiple award-winning author, hospice chaplain, and grief counselor Gary Roe has become a trusted voice to many hurting, grieving hearts. Written with heartfelt compassion, this easy-to-read, warm, and practical book reads like a caring conversation with a friend and is destined to become a classic for those looking for hope and encouragement in times of loss.
Whether you've lost a spouse, child, parent, sibling, relative, or friend, Gary's desire is to meet you in your grief and walk with you there. Composed of brief chapters, Comfort for Grieving Hearts is designed to be read one chapter per day, giving you bite-sized bits of comfort, encouragement, and healing over a period of time. You do not have to read it this way, of course. We all grieve differently. Read in the way that is most natural for you.
In Comfort for Grieving Hearts, you will find peace and comfort in...
- Processing complicated grief emotions (sadness, anger, guilt, confusion, guilt, anxiety, depression, feeling overwhelmed, etc).
- Navigating feeling alone, misunderstood, and even rejected by those around you.
- Handling the increased stress and uncertainty that heavy loss can bring.
- Dealing with physical and mental health issues, illnesses, and new symptoms that often arise.
- Taking care of yourself through diet, hydration, fitness, and rest.
- Thinking through the challenging spiritual and faith questions that frequently surface.
- Relating well to the people around you - those who are helpful and those who aren't.
- Overcoming the tendency to run from emotional pain with unhealthy habits or compulsive behaviors.
- Finding the support you need for survival, recovery, and healing (safe people, fellow grievers, counseling, etc.).
- Developing a simple, realistic plan for birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
- Using your grief for good - for yourself, your family, and others.
- Allowing this loss to give you greater perspective and motivate you to live more effectively than ever before.
- Making your life count, one day, one moment at a time.
Please don't grieve alone. Let Comfort for Grieving Hearts join you on this arduous, tasking journey. Be kind to yourself. Take your heart seriously.
Death has invaded, but it doesn't have to win. Read on. Comfort awaits you in these pages of this book.
- ISBN-13: 9781950382002
- ISBN-10: 1950382001
- Publisher: Gary Roe
- Publish Date: February 2019
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 pounds
- Page Count: 202