A contemporary guide to sex education that answers the most pressing questions teens and young adults have about dating, relationships, consent, and sexual safety.
There's a lot to talk about when it comes to sex education-anatomy, communication, safety, and more. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Jennifer Lang delivers a frank, compassionate, and evidence-based guide to healthy sexual relationships, focusing on the crucial role of consent in sex education.
A board-certified OB-GYN, Dr. Lang breaks down confusing concepts into factual and clear guidance. She outlines not only what consent looks and sounds like, but the importance of recognizing when a person has the capacity to give consent, and when they don't. Written for all teens, and inclusive of all sexual identities and orientations, Consent is a reference guide to healthy sexual expression and relationships.
This book's approach to sex education covers:
- An overview of human sexuality including what sex is and how it feels, separating sex education fact from fiction.
- A discussion about relationships & dating and the various forms they take during adolescence, including some of the most common scenarios and healthy ways of handling them.
- Tools for communicating and understanding consent, as well as critical information about the capacity to give consent, the language surrounding it, and what constitutes abuse and assault.
The way that teens think and talk about sex today has changed. Sex education needs to change, too. Teens and young adults will find the sex education information they need to make empowered choices about their bodies, their desires, and their boundaries in Consent. You'll never think of sex education in the same way again.
- ISBN-13: 9781641522809
- ISBN-10: 1641522801
- Publisher: Althea Press
- Publish Date: December 2018
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds
- Page Count: 132
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12