So--how can you really lower your stress levels, lose weight, keep it off and protect your health?
The first edition of The Cortisol Connection signaled a revolution in our understanding of the effects of stress hormones like cortisol, and explained the relationship between chronic stress, high levels of cortisol and the breakdown of the body's health reserves. In his carefully designed SENSE Program (Chapter 9), Dr. Shawn Talbott presented simple guidelines for reducing stress, lowering cortisol levels, improving long-term health and reaching and main-taining desired weight.
Research in the last five years has shown that there is more, and this new edition contains 25 percent new material, including
- new biochemistry research, an updated stress self-test and a weight-reduction plan
- two new chapters about the relationships between cortisol and testosterone and cortisol and HSD, the body's fat-storage enzyme, that show the big part they play in stress response and weight gain
- refinements of the SENSE program based on controlled studies with patients who have used it for over 5 years
- ISBN-13: 9780897934923
- ISBN-10: 089793492X
- Publisher: Hunter House Publishers
- Publish Date: June 2007
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
- Page Count: 265