Discover the practical skills for helping others.
Whether you are considering becoming a counsellor, have to provide some form of counselling as part of your job, or are simply interested in communicating well, Counselling Skills For Dummies provides the perfect introduction to the practical basics of counselling. Starting with a thorough guide to the qualities, knowledge and skills needed to become a 'listening helper', the book goes on to provide a framework for a counselling session, helping you to successfully manage a potentially daunting process.
Counselling Skills For Dummies, 2nd Edition
- Illustrates how you can create a positive relationship between listener and speaker
- Teaches you how to structure a helping conversation
- Explains how asking the right questions are important to the progression of the relationship between speaker and listener
- Shows how you can better understand yourself, which is a crucial step in ensuring that you break down your own barriers to listening
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781118657324
- ISBN-10: 1118657322
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: September 2013
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 7.43 x 0.75 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.45 pounds
- Page Count: 352