Therapeutic exercises to help couples nurture patience, forgiveness, and humor.
Love is not just an emotion - it's a skill. And just like any other skill, we need to practice in order to get good at it.
We often have fairy tale expectations for our romantic relationships, but realistically, after a heady and passion-fueled start, we end up in partnerships that are a confusing tangle of hope, distance, boredom, loyalty, and betrayal.
Full of accessible and though-provoking exercises, this workbook fosters understanding, patience, forgiveness, humor, and resilience in the face of the many hurdles that invariably arise in a long term relationship.
Couples are guided to have particular conversations, analyze their feelings, explain parts of themselves to one another, and undertake rituals that clear the air and help recover hope and passion. The goal is always to unblock channels of feeling and improve communication - and to have fun while doing it.
No one can be intuitively good at relationships. We all need to do some homework to become the best partners and couples we can be.
- A GUIDED JOURNAL WITH OVER 60 EXERCISES to encourage couples to share their feelings with each other and open up about their insecurities.
- A THERAPEUTIC WORKBOOK drawing from research from The School of Life's therapy department.
- INCLUDES INTERACTIVE SPACES to complete the activities and illustrations throughout.
- BEAUTIFULLY PRODUCED hardcover in high end gift format.
- ISBN-13: 9781912891269
- ISBN-10: 1912891263
- Publisher: School of Life
- Publish Date: January 2021
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.2 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Page Count: 192