God calls us first to himself, to know and follow him, and also to a specific life purpose, a particular reason for being. This second call or "vocation" has implications not only for our work or occupation, but also includes our giftedness, our weaknesses, our life in community and what we do day to day. In this book Gordon Smith invites you to discover your vocation by listening to God and becoming a coworker with him.
- What is my calling?
- How do I live it out in the midst of difficult relationships or moral challenges?
- Will my vocation change as I enter a new stage of life?
- With competing needs and demands, how can I craft a balanced way of living?
Smith addresses these questions and many more in the pages of this book. This new edition has been revised and updated throughout with two expanded chapters and a new chapter on four specific areas of calling. Here is rich insight for all who long for the ears to hear and the courage to follow God's call.
- ISBN-13: 9780830835546
- ISBN-10: 0830835547
- Publisher: IVP
- Publish Date: May 2011
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Page Count: 269