Philip Wylie's enthralling tales of saltwater fishing have been entertaining readers of the Saturday Evening Post since 1939. Captain Crunch Adams, skipper of the charter boat Poseidon, and his friend and partner Des Smith adventure high and low in the waters of Florida, coming face-to-face with big fish and bigger personalities along the way. Featuring twenty-two of Wylie's best Crunch and Des stories, this is a delightful compendium of every thrill fishing has to offer.These beloved adventures include: - "Widow Voyage"
- "Light Tackle"
- "Fifty-Four, Forty and Fight"
- "The Way of All Fish"
- "The Affair of the Ardent Amazon"
- "Smuggler's Cove"
- And more favorite classics With each Crunch and Des story selected by the author's daughter, these tales begin a journey of saltwater nostalgia, marine adventure, and warmhearted personalities that will last far beyond the last page. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, knots, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781628736809
- ISBN-10: 1628736801
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
- Publish Date: July 2014
- Dimensions: 9.09 x 6.01 x 1.04 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.01 pounds
- Page Count: 384