Many of God's people through the ages have been called to endure times of hardship, loneliness, and suffering. Some, such as Daniel and Esther, were even members of a race carried away to a foreign land that had never heard of the God of Israel. Their lives were not easy, but even in the midst of trials, these men and women discovered that God was with them--and that He was actively leading the events in their lives.
In this study, pastor John MacArthur will guide you through an in-depth look at the historical period of Israel's exile, beginning with the prophet Daniel being carried off to Babylon, continuing through the rise of the Persian Empire, and concluding with Esther's reign as queen.
Studies include close-up examinations of Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar, Esther, Haman, and others, as well as careful considerations of doctrinal themes such as Standing Boldly for God and God's Sovereignty Over the Future.
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The MacArthur Bible Study series is designed to help you study the Word of God with guidance from widely respected pastor and author John MacArthur. Each guide provides intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture by examining its parts and incorporates:
- Extensive, but straight-forward commentary on the text.
- Detailed observations on overriding themes, timelines, history, and context.
- Word and phrase studies to help you unlock the broader meaning and apply it to your life.
- Probing, interactive questions with plenty of space to write down your response and thoughts.
- ISBN-13: 9780718034788
- ISBN-10: 0718034783
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: June 2016
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 160