Listening and speaking to God.
Prayer is communication. It is not a formula that we have memorized, or an empty repetition of words and phrases, but our conversation with God-with us first speaking and then listening to what God has to say to us in return. However, as Dr. Charles Stanley reveals in Deepening Your Prayer Life, our prayers go beyond mere human interaction in that it gives us access into the very throne room of God. Our heavenly Father grants us the privilege to come before him with authority because of our position in Christ. When we do, we can be bold in believing that God will accomplish what He promised He would do in our lives.
The Charles F. Stanley Bible Study Series is a unique approach to Bible study, incorporating biblical truth, personal insights, emotional responses, and a call to action. Each study draws on Dr. Stanley's many years of teaching the guiding principles found in God's Word, showing how we can apply them in practical ways to every situation we face. This edition of the series has been completely revised and updated, and includes two brand-new lessons from Dr. Stanley.
Each lesson includes:
- Overview: A brief look at what is covered in the lesson
- Life's Questions: A teaching from Dr. Stanley that unpacks the topic of the lesson
- Living the Principle: Application and Bible study questions based on the key points
- Reflection: Key takeaways to put into practice today and tomorrow
- ISBN-13: 9780310105589
- ISBN-10: 0310105587
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: April 2020
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 5.9 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 160