People with diabetes no longer have to miss out on scrumptious desserts--thanks to this unique collection of more than 200 recipes. Here you'll find a variety of tempting recipes for cakes, cookies, bars, pies, pastries, and puddings, including lemon chiffon pie, chocolate chip cookies, and other traditional favorites, as well as special occasion desserts like banana cream pie and raspberry trifle. All of these seemingly sinful desserts are suitable for a diabetic diet.
This revised edition includes new recipes as well as:
- Updated and current food exchange lists from the American Dietetic Association
- A complete nutritional breakdown of each dessert
- Recipe adaptations for low-sodium and low-cholesterol diets
- Helpful hints on dessert ingredients and preparation
Desserts for Diabetics offers the perfect end to every meal--it's a must for every diabetic household.
- ISBN-13: 9780399528170
- ISBN-10: 0399528172
- Publisher: Tarcherperigee
- Publish Date: October 2002
- Dimensions: 8.51 x 5.46 x 0.76 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.57 pounds
- Page Count: 288
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP