Discover how to eat a well-balanced diabetic diet
Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies gives you everything you need to create healthy and diabetic-friendly meals. In this revised and updated edition, you'll discover how easy it is to manage diabetes through diet. With tons of new recipes--many of them vegetarian--and the latest information on diabetes testing, monitoring, and maintenance, this book will help guide you down a path to a healthier you.
With an anticipated price tag close to $3.4 billion annually by the year 2020, diabetes is one of the costliest health hazards in the U.S. If you're one of the 25.8 million Americans suffering from diabetes, this hands-on, friendly guide arms you with the most up-to-date nutritional information and shows you how to start cooking--and eating--your way to better health.
- Offers 100+ new and revised diabetic recipes for every meal of the day
- Features changes in fat, carbohydrate, and protein recommendations that parallel the meal plan recommendations of the American Diabetes Association
- Covers how to make smart choices when eating out, shopping for food, and setting up a diabetic kitchen
- Introduces ways to involve diabetic children in meal planning and preparation
If you're diabetic and want to learn how to make lifestyle changes that count, Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies shows you how the food you eat can help treat, prevent, and manage diabetes.
- ISBN-13: 9781118944264
- ISBN-10: 1118944267
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: February 2015
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.4 x 0.75 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.26 pounds
- Page Count: 416