Food awareness, nutrition, and meal planning advice for people with diabetes
Diabetes Meal Planning and Nutrition For Dummies takes the mystery and the frustration out of healthy eating and managing diabetes. Both the newly diagnosed and the experienced alike will learn what defines healthy eating for diabetes and it's crucial role to long term health, why healthy eating can be so difficult, and how meal planning is a key to successful diabetes management
Diabetes Meal Planning and Nutrition For Dummies takes the guesswork out of eating and preparing diabetes friendly foods. You'll learn whether popular diets fit (or don't fit) into a healthy eating plan, what to shop for, how to eat healthy away from home, which supplements you should consider, and how to build perfect meals yourself. To get you started, this book includes a week's worth of diabetes-friendly meals, and fabulous recipes that demonstrate how delicious food and effective diabetes management can go hand in hand.
- Includes helpful information for people with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes as well as exchange lists for diabetes
- Explains how your surroundings and your biology conspire to encourage unhealthy eating, and how you can gain control by planning in advance
- Helps you to understand that fabulous, nutritionally-balanced food and diabetes management can go hand in hand
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with diabetes, Diabetes Meal Planning and Nutrition For Dummies is packed with expert advice, surprising insights, and practical examples of meal plans coupled with sound nutritional advice.
- ISBN-13: 9781118677537
- ISBN-10: 1118677536
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: October 2013
- Dimensions: 9.24 x 7.38 x 0.88 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Page Count: 384